WESTERN BALKANS – The youth exchange “Rainbow Bridge” will gather 30 youngsters from Macedonia, Albania and Montenegro in the period 6 – 14 October 2018 in Struga, Macedonia. Youngsters coming from minority and majority groups, different ethnic, religious, political and social background will have an opportunity to work together towards building better Western Balkans for all. The project is organized by Youth Association KREATOR (Macedonia), Center for non-formal education (Montenegro), Center for Development and Social Initiatives (Albania) and it is supported by RYCO within its first Open Call for Project Proposals.
– will work together with their peers in a non-formal environment on topics related to prejudices, stereotypes and discrimination,
– will present their culture and tradition and will learn about others,
– will gain skills and competences and be encouraged to take active part in civil society activities.
During the exchange these youngsters will learn more about culture, cultural diversity, minority rights, prejudices and stereotypes that exist, will gain skills that will ensure better future for them, will gain competences and knowledge on how to become organizer, facilitator and hopefully they will become mini-educators in this field.
Following the exchange, participants will organized local youth-led actions in Macedonia (Kumanovo and Struga), Albania (Tirana and Pogradec) and Montenegro (Podgorica and Ulcinj).
- a young person age 17-19 old
- coming from Macedonia (Kumanovo and Struga), Albania (Tirana and Pogradec) and
Montenegro (Podgorica and Ulcinj);
- committed to improve good relations and intercultural understanding in the Western
Balkans, promote intercultural dialogue and tolerance and combat hate speech, negative
stereotypes and prejudice among people
- have some knowledge and background in / or you are committed to learn more about
multiculturalism, and intercultural work
- interested in learning about other culture and traditions in the Western Balkans, or
learning about art or dance
- have a strong dedication to apply new knowledge and implement local activities in
Macedonia (Kumanovo and Struga), Albania (Tirana and Pogradec) and Montenegro (Podgorica
- able to communicate in English
Application deadline: 20 September 2018.