WESTERN BALKANS – Within the framework of the “Supporting the Western Balkan’s Collective Leadership on Reconciliation” project, the Regional Youth Cooperation Office (RYCO), the United Nations Peacebuilding Fund (UN PBF), the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), in cooperation with the Mozaik Foundation, Beyond42 and Mašta, are organizing the Regional Youth Peace Lab (RYPL) 2021.
Are you a young person, 18 to 30 years old, coming from the Western Balkans region? Do you want to create solutions that will directly affect your future? Want to win valuable prizes?
If yes, then, team up, solve a regional problem with the help of experts and mentors, and win awards.
The regional competition Regional Youth Peace Lab 2021 is an opportunity for you to:
- meet like-minded young people, similar age, profile and interests, you work with in teams to create new ideas which can significantly contribute to building peace in the region;
- use an interactive, 3D virtual platform that facilitates communication and collaboration between young people from the region;
- learn from 12 mentors from the region, peacebuilding, policy writing and advocacy experts who help you develop policy proposals within one of three challenges:
- Education – quality and education reform in the region to better respond to the challenges of the 21st century,
- Youth mobility – mobility of young people in the region in terms of studying, traveling, working and learning,
- Peace and the legacy of the past – the burdensome legacy of the trauma of post-conflict generations;
- win valuable prizes and get a certificate of participation. We prepared Amazon Kindles and gift vouchers from the prize fund of over 5000 USD.
Basics of the competition: Teams will have the task of preparing the basic elements of public policy with the support of mentors. The solutions will be presented to the public through a three-minute video presentation. The best suggestions will be chosen by the audience who will vote for their favorites through the live platform.
In addition, the best policy proposals will be published in the WB6 Youth Policy Book and the Guide to the Development of Innovative Public Policies.
RYPL 2021 aims to position and engage youth as forward-thinking and innovative policymakers that can make significant contributions to peacebuilding initiatives in the Western Balkan region.
All interested young people from the Western Balkans region can apply until Wednesday, April 14 at 11:59 p.m. You can find the application form and more information by clicking the button below:
For all inquiries related to the application, please contact by e-mail [email protected].