WESTERN BALKANS – Our friends and partners form Deutsche Welle are looking for new participants to join the Balkan Booster project. Young journalists or journalism students from the Western Balkans who are interested can apply by 13 March 2020.
Are you eager to find out who are the people who live in your neighborhoods and what their stories are? Are you interested in the topics of identity, including endangered, rare or misunderstood ones? If all the answers are positive and you like shooting videos with your phone camera, as well as social media, then you are in the right place!
Deutsche Welle is looking for participants to join the Balkan Booster project from May to December 2020.
For more information on the previous three editions of the project follow the hashtag #dw_BalkanBooster on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). The project participants will receive financial compensation.
The participants should meet the following requirements:
- You live in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Montenegro or Serbia
- You are between 19 and 25 years old
- You have a journalistic background (you’re studying journalism and/or you have journalistic work experience)
- You are ready to work in a team, travel and report from small and remote communities
- You have enough time to participate in a three-day video journalism training in May 2020
- You are motivated to research and work on identity-related stories
- You an active social media user (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- You have a good proficiency in English (speaking and writing)
- You know how to film and edit videos on your mobile phone? That’s an advantage!
- You are motivated to learn more about the other identities and cultures in the Western Balkans
If you are interested and you want to become a part of the big DW’s Balkan Booster family, send your application (CV in English and short video, up to 1 minute, where you state your motivation to join the project. Feel free to be creative!) until 13 March 2020 via email to [email protected] or [email protected].
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSCR1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.