WESTERN BALKANS – Are you curious to find out more about people living in your neighboring places in the region? Want to learn how to produce a video with your smartphone and work in a cross-border team? If the answers are “Yes”, then you are in the right place.
Deutsche Welle is looking for participants for its “Balkan Booster” project which will be implemented from April to December 2021. This year’s focus is: “Let’s show solutions!” where young participants will learn how to find and report on solution-oriented stories. Financial compensation will also be provided for the participants in the project.
All interested applicants in the project must meet the following requirements:
- Reside in one of the following places of the region: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo*, North Macedonia, Serbia;
- Aged between 18 and 25 years old;
- Studying journalism and/or having work experience in journalism;
- Ready to work in a team, travel and report from small and remote places (depending on the situation of the COVID-19 pandemic);
- Willing to participate in a three-day online training for video journalism in April or May 2021;
- Respect the agreed deadlines;
- Actively use social networks (Facebook, Instagram);
- Speak English;
- Motivated to learn more about other places, identities and cultures in the Western Balkans;
- Knowledge of video recording and editing from your smartphone is an advantage.
If you are interested and want to become part of the large Balkan Booster family of Deutsche Welle, send your application by email to [email protected] no later than 21 March 2021 (11:59 pm CET).
The application should contain the following documents:
- Biography in English;
- A short video in which you explain your motivation for participating in the project. The video should not be longer than two minutes and should be sent in mp4 format via WeTransfer. The video can be in your native language.
Contact persons of the project in the Western Balkan places:
Albania, Kosovo: [email protected]
Bosnia and Herzegovina: [email protected]
North Macedonia: [email protected]
Montenegro, Serbia: [email protected]
For more information on the previous four seasons of the project, follow the hashtag #dw_BalkanBooster on Facebook and Instagram or search for videos on the Deutsche Welle websites in Albanian, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian and Macedonian language.
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.