The general objective of WB6 Lab is to Foster reconciliation of the Western Balkans through the promotion and the strengthening of social entrepreneurship in the region. The project opens new spaces of reconciliation for the youth of the Western Balkans, through a regional program to support social entrepreneurship. Two groups of young entrepreneurs from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo*, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia will be supported throughout a program of ideation and incubation, from which innovative solutions nourishing a dynamic ecosystem will emerge. The support program for social entrepreneurs aims to promote dialogue and cooperation between actors and between territories through the mobility of participants, the organization of regional trainings, exchange workshops and events as well as the creation of a real network of young entrepreneurs.
Partners involved, donor, time-framework and locations:
This project is implemented by RYCO, in partnership with GROUPE SOS Pulse, SEEYN, the Franco-German Youth Office and the Institut Français. It is a three-year project that started on 1 October 2019 and is being implemented across the Western Balkans 6.
Through this project RYCO aims to:
- Strengthen the capacity of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem in the Western Balkans by:
- Supporting six local structures that benefit from a tailored capacity building training before creating and operating the program to support social entrepreneurship for young project leaders in the region;
- Helping youth aged 18-35 of the WB6 develop their socially impactful solutions for the development of their communities: young entrepreneurs get individual coaching, networking and mentoring opportunities to transform their ideas into a sustainable business model based on social business principles;
- Organising two cross-border incubation programs: two selected project leaders attend a five-day regional BootCamp and a six-month Regional Incubation program where they benefit from intensive capacity building trainings to bring their project to the next step.
- Raise awareness of entrepreneurship among people aged 15 and above, and key actors in the social economy and entrepreneurship in the Western Balkans, by:
- Developing a brand to promote the program and its local structures;
- Promoting regional cooperation through social entrepreneurship among the WB6 youth: the local structures raise awareness about the social entrepreneurship concept and its impact among young people by animating a three-day design thinking workshop;
- Advocating for social entrepreneurship: conducting a study on social entrepreneurship in the region and organizing a regional forum that will serve as a platform for discussion on social entrepreneurship in the region.
Statement of RYCO Secretariat on COVID-19 Outbreak
WESTERN BALKANS – As the global number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 (coronavirus) has been increasing and the first cases...
WB6 Lab: Open Calls for Local Structures and Consultants
WESTERN BALKANS - RYCO in cooperation with GROUPE SOS Pulse, SEEYN, the Franco-German Youth Office and Institut Français is opening...
French, German Ambassadors Visit RYCO in Bosnia and Herzegovina
SARAJEVO – Ambassador of Germany to Bosnia and Herzegovina H.E. Ms Margaret Uebber and Ambassador of France to BiH H.E....