WESTERN BALKANS – Group “Let’s…” in partnership with Center for Youth Progress, Albania, Psihointegra, Macedonia and Red Cross of Tuzla Canton, Bosnia and Herzegovina is inviting you to take part in the project Is it warring time again?
Using performances and short movies as a tool for reconciliation and advocacy against extremism in Western Balkans
When: 1st training. 1-8 October 2018; 1st presentation in Tuzla, on 7 October 2018; presentations in Kukes and Skopje in October or November (it will be decided)
Venue: TCs will be hosted in Serbia, Sremski Karlovci and presentations in Tuzla, Kukes and Skopje
Partner’s organizations are from: Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia
Objective of the project: The overall objective of this project is to train representatives of youth society organizations, schools, informal youth groups from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Macedonia to use performance and short movies in public places, short videos and the Internet, as a means to draw public attention to the rising extremism, xenophobia and fascism in WB and Europe. These techniques are attractive to young people, but also for the public and the media. They can be used without any costs and provide a viable alternative to traditional techniques to raise awareness, such as expensive media campaigns.
The 7 days training course will:
- Raise awareness of participants about the rising extremism, xenophobia and fascism in WB and Europe
- Train participants on how to design, test and implement performances in big events, in the street, public transport and in any place where big number of people are present can be used.
- Train participants on how to set-up, film and promote short films filmed by mobile phones and other digital devices used by young people. Participants will also learn how short video can be used campaigns but also for educational, awareness raising, outreach and documentation purposes.
- Trainers, youth leaders/workers, young people from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and Serbia (6 participants from each organisation)
- Actively involved in a youth organization and be in a position to bring into effect the learning of the training
- Age limit: 18-30
- Be in position of multiplying the outcomes of training
- Be willing to participate actively
- Be committed to participate in the whole program, on English
Deadline: 1 September 2018
Serbia, Group Let’s – Serbia: Suzana Krstić, [email protected]
Albania, Center for youth progress – Lavdrim Shehu [email protected]
Macedonia, Psihointegra Skopje – Ivana Kostovska [email protected]
Bosnia and Herzegovina, Red cross of Tuzla canton – Amra Pirić [email protected]